School improvement and national recognition for
“What started as a targeted programme to drive standards for our more able & talented learners, has
ended up providing us with a platform to enrich and extend every child’s school experiences. It has also
given us the ambition to continue to think outside the box and set the highest expectations for our whole
Click here to read more about the Challenge Award in practice.
To order your NACE Challenge Award Framework, click here
Please note, the NACE Challenge Award Framework is issued in electronic format
The NACE Challenge Award Framework has been used by over 10,000 schools to:
- review the scope and quality of what they are doing for their most able pupils in a context of challenge and high standards for all
- plan for improvements for provision within their school improvement cycle
- work towards gaining a prestigious award for their work with the more able
- The CAF consists of 8 mutually supportive and inter-related Elements which together describe quality provision and learning for more able pupils based on the best evidence available
- Each Element is supported by objective criteria and suggested evidence of what constitutes effective provision
- The 8 Elements combine to help schools to improve provision and challenge for all abilities and specifically to meet the needs of the more able
- Supporting documents give guidance in and examples of how to evaluate teaching and learning, evidence gathering against the NACE Challenge Award criteria and guidance for secondary school subject departments.
To enable you to identify where your school is in your Challenge Award Journey please click here
If you are a school already working with the NACE Challenge Award Framework and are ready to apply for assessment for the NACE Challenge Award, Re-accreditation or Third Accreditation, please log into the NACE Challenge Award website area, login button top right of this website page or click here.
If you wish to discuss your school’s individual circumstances or needs please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions about the NACE Challenge Award click here
For schools in Wales please click here
* If your school purchased the previous version of the NACE Challenge Award Framework after September 2012, you should have automatically received a revised Framework. For any queries regarding this, contact email@example.com.
Click here to find out what the Challenge Award costs