NACE is carefully following the Welsh Government and Public Health Wales guidance to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19). We are mindful too that there is increased pressure on schools not to release staff at this time, to manage the impact of inevitable colleague absence.
For this reason, this NACE member meetup will be postponed, and a future date will be set and communicated in due course. We are sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time.
Hosted by Wales Millennium Centre, this free event will bring together NACE members from all phases to discuss and exchange effective approaches to developing independent learning skills, exploring opportunities for MAT learners to become ambitious, capable and creative learners.
This is a chance to share ideas and experiences with peers from across the NACE community, including case studies from Challenge Award-accredited schools, a dedicated “speed sharing” session, a chance to work on a practical action plan and a networking lunch.
10:30 Registration and refreshments
10:50 Morning session
- Welcome and introduction - Hilary Lowe, NACE Education Adviser
- Challenge Award school case studies and student video
- Speed-sharing - opportunity to share experiences and examples with peers
13:00 Networking lunch and informal discussion
13.45 Afternoon session
- Develop your school’s approach to independent learning: action planning
- The learning offer at Wales Millennium Centre
- Membership updates - Vicky Eaton, NACE Membership Manager
Programme subject to change.
Please note: an admin fee of £50 will be charged if the event is not attended by your school after booking. If unable to attend, please contact NACE to transfer your place to a colleague.