Our member meetups provide opportunities to meet peers from other NACE member schools, gain insights from NACE associates and partner organisations, and share effective practice and resources to improve provision for more able learners.
Held termly, meetups are hosted by organisations whose work and values align with those of the NACE community. Attendance is free for staff at NACE member schools.
Typically the programme for a member meetup includes:
- Presentation and discussion led by a NACE associate, exploring an aspect of provision for more able learners
- “Speed-sharing” session in which members exchange ideas and resources relating to the meetup theme
- Overview of relevant resources and initiatives offered by the host organisation
- Networking lunch
There may also be opportunities to explore the host organisation’s offer in more depth, for example by visiting an exhibition or attending a live performance.
- Beyond the recovery curriculum: rebuild, reconnect, reignite - online (autumn 2020)
- Lockdown learning - online (summer 2020)
- Enriching the curriculum, improving learning - Jesus College Oxford (autumn 2019)
- Enriching the curriculum, improving learning - Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff (summer 2019)
- Developing independent able learners - Jesus College Oxford (spring 2019)
- Effective questioning in science - The Science Museum, London (autumn 2018)
- Managing successful transition for the more able - Shakespeare's Globe, London (summer 2018)
- Cultural capital in the classroom - English-Speaking Union, London (spring 2018)
- Working in depth for the more able: beyond Bloom - National Maritime Museum, London (autumn 2017)