The National Association for Able Children in Education (NACE) is dedicated to supporting schools and teachers across every aspect of provision for more able learners. Drawing on over 35 years’ experience, NACE is at the forefront of thought leadership and evidence-based approaches in this field, with NACE member schools leading the way in implementing best practice.
NACE believes that all able children, regardless of background, should be recognised and have the opportunity to realise their potential. It offers resources and services to help schools review the scope and quality of policy and provision for more able learners within a context of challenge and high standards for all.
Scroll down to download information about NACE membership, CPD and more.
Core principlesNACE’s work is grounded in the following guiding principles, which unite our diverse community of schools and educators:
- The education of more able learners is a whole-school endeavour to be embraced by all school leaders.
- Addressing the needs of more able learners will raise achievement for a much wider group of learners in a school.
- Providing for more able learners is not about labelling, but about creating a curriculum and learning opportunities which allow all children to flourish.
- Ability can be revealed across a range of specific domains or more generally, and not only in traditional academic subjects.
- An ethos of high expectations and aspirations is a central plank for any school providing for more able learners.
- Teachers are central to providing challenging and enriching education, and their professional development is paramount.
- Ability is a fluid concept: it can be developed through challenge, opportunity and self-belief.
Annual membership starts from just £95 +VAT, covering all staff within your school.
Join NACE today.
CPD and consultancyAt NACE, we believe teachers’ ongoing professional development is critical to meeting the needs of more able learners, and the key to providing a challenging and enriching education for all.
Alongside our programme of courses and conferences, we offer bespoke training, consultancy and school review services – available for individual schools, clusters, multi-academy trusts and teaching school alliances.
Find out more, and view all upcoming events.
NACE Challenge Development ProgrammeThe NACE Challenge Development Programme offers a complete package for whole-school review and improvement to provision for more able learners, in the context of challenge for all. It is centred on the NACE Challenge Framework – an established tool for school self-evaluation and improvement – supported by tailored resources, CPD and consultancy. The programme can lead to accreditation through the NACE Challenge Award.
Join the NACE Challenge…
Find out more…
Download our latest information flyers to find out more:
NACE CPD 2018-19
NACE Challenge Development Programme
Challenge in the everyday classroom (primary workshop)
Leading for more able learners: policy and practice (3-day course)
Challenging more able learners in English (KS1-2 workshop)
Challenging more able learners in English (KS3-4 workshop)
Using data to inform learning and secure high achievement (all-phase workshop)
Challenging more able learners in science (secondary workshop)
Achieving greater depth in primary maths through talk for learning (primary workshop)